Garlic, lamb, and herbs are a perfect pairing for our 2016 Tosca’s Cuvee. The Merlot base (83%) offers rich, dark berry and black cherry notes that complement the richness of the lamb and the spicy herb crust. The Syrah portion (17%) stands well against the mild game flavor of lamb and supplies the tannin to absorb the rich fattiness of the chops.
6 to 8 lamb chops
4 Tbsp EVOO divided
6 garlic cloves, crushed
1/2 tsp black pepper
1 Tbsp minced fresh mint
1 Tbsp minced fresh rosemary
1 Tbsp minced fresh oregano
1 Tbsp minced fresh parsley
1 tsp salt
2 Tbsp Butter
1. Place lamb chops into a shallow dish.
2. In a small bowl, stir together 2 Tbsp Olive Oil, garlic, pepper, and herbs. Rub over chops. Place in fridge and let marinate at least 1 hour, or up to 12.
3. Remove chops from marinate and season with salt.
4. Preheat a large heavy skillet over medium high heat. Add in 2 Tbsp olive oil and butter until melted.
5. Cook chops in the heavy skillet for 4 – 5 minutes per side for medium rare. Serve hot garnished without additional fresh herbs.